WoD Denver Forums

Full Version: Antivirus [SL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys! Beginning next week, I am going to be running a new SL. Due to sanity and time constraints, I will be capping participation at 4 characters. Furthermore, it is recommended that anyone involved in this SL not be actively involved in any other ongoing SLs unless you don't mind the idea of having the character's attention diverted.

The in-game timeline of this story may run anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month (with the one-month mark being a hard stop.) The length will depend upon character actions, but I'm estimating it's probably more likely than not that it will run long. In real time, it's possible that it may take slightly longer to finish all the scenes, but I will do my best not to keep characters hanging in limbo.

Important information and disclaimers:
  • This is a pretty immersive SL. Participation will have a major impact on your character's life over the coming weeks, so think about whether or not you have other plans in mind for them before choosing to get involved.
  • This SL comes with a major trigger warning for disease and body horror of the Cronenberg variety. It will be disturbing and traumatic in nature. If that's not your cup of tea, I would strongly advise against signing up.
  • Just to reiterate, there is a high potential for mental, emotional and physical trauma.
  • On the plus side, the chance of PC death is low (though possible.)
  • Once your character is involved in this SL, there is no way to get out of it until the story runs its course (though I can always come up with ways to keep the action off-camera if a player ends up not being able to participate as planned.) So if you're feeling iffy, it would probably be better to err on the side of caution.

For the record, I'm totally cool with keeping this SL small. If a lot of people sign up and we hit the cap, awesome. If only one person signs up - still awesome. It'll be the same story either way.

If, however, we do end up with more than 4 people interested, I'll trim the list down via some random method (rolling a die, picking names out of a hat, etc.) So don't feel like you have to rush to sign up - it won't be based on who gets here first.

As for the schedule, the first scenes will probably be solo, so I'll figure out how things will go next week once I know who is participating.

If by this point I still haven't scared you away, reply here to let me know you'd like to be involved. Smile
Lena is in.
Garrett or Shoshannah, too, depending on when you plan on running scenes time-of-day-wise. Though Shoshannah's closer to actively involved in the movie thing than Garrett, so . . . I dunno. Anyway! I definitely want one of my characters in!
Yes, this is in my interests Big Grin
I am interested though can bow out if necessary. Smile

errin

Dang it this is what I get for napping my evening away!
It sounds amazing! However, you already have more than four people interested and our schedules are not known for their ability to mesh, so perhaps next time. Smile Hopefully there will be a next time.
(10-11-2013, 10:58 PM)niko Wrote: [ -> ]Dang it this is what I get for napping my evening away!

-ix- Wrote:It sounds amazing! However, you already have more than four people interested and our schedules are not known for their ability to mesh, so perhaps next time.

If either of you guys want to participate, I'm totally fine with picking names out of a hat. So if you change your minds, let me know. Smile But yes, there will undoubtedly be a next time, and I will give priority to anyone who didn't get a chance to get in on the action this time around.

I'm going to give this thread to the end of the day to make sure everyone is sure about what they want to do, then I'll go ahead close the sign-up. After that, I'll send out fpms to everyone participating.
I'm going to try to not have a schedule that makes doing anything ever impossible next semester, so I actually think for practical reasons I should try catching your next SL. It's cool, I'm totally fine with catching the next one. Smile I'm sure it will also be awesome!

errin

Ah yeah, I totally missed where you said you might roll a die if you had more than four people. I am definitely interested!
Pages: 1 2 3