WoD Denver Forums

Full Version: Automagic Dinging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have implemented a ding sound in the chat. This doesn't need to be permanent, because I know some people might not like a noisy chat...

But I wanted to get some feedback, yes? Would you like to be notified of chat updates via a ding noise? Is that a horrible idea?

Go try it out and let me know Smile

(Also I want to add, if you're not hearing the dinging, refresh the page. It should ding then.)
Noises in chats tend to drive me nuts, but that's just me.

Is there a way that it can be turned off in user settings? Best of both worlds that way!
I could attempt to do that, but it might take a while. I know I've got a track record of fixing things in a few minutes, but that would require a database change. So, not fixable in a minute or two, that.
Is there an easy way to disable it in only one room? Like the OOC, specifically?
Not an easy way, no. Again, it's something I could add, with time.
Making it customizable with an on/off option to toggle would be awesome, but I can see the benefit if you're doing about five hundred tasks as it stands, too.
Okay! So, I'm going to leave it dinging for a day, so that anyone who wants to can try it out. But after that, it's going silent again until I can figure out a way to make it customizable.

I think I have a plan that would solve everybody's problems. It would be a little checkbox on the chat interface that would say "Enable Chat Notifications" so you could turn it on or off for whichever chat windows you wanted at your leisure. Sam could just leave it off for all chat windows, and Kenna could leave it off for the OOC room, etc.

But! That implementation is for another day, as I am tired Tongue
Okay, so I said it would be hard and all, but I figured out a way to do what I needed with no saving things to the database required Smile

So, you now have a choice of sounds you can play for each room, including no sound.

I am going to be finding some more sounds to add to the list, but right now you have a bell, a typewriter ding, and a moo.

Enjoy!
The moo was my idea, you're all welcome.

Cool
IT'S JUST LIKE

A DUDE

SAYING 'MOO'

*CRACKING UP*
Pages: 1 2