The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined variable $postsdone - Line: 860 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 860 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 860 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2531 - Line: 860 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2536 - Line: 860 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2595 - Line: 860 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2637 - Line: 860 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2744 - Line: 860 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2531 - Line: 1566 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1566 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1568 buildtree
/showthread.php 872 buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2536 - Line: 1566 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2595 - Line: 1566 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2637 - Line: 1566 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 2744 - Line: 1566 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 873 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 803 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 803 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $multipage - Line: 33 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $multipage - Line: 65 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 65 errorHandler->error

The Fifth Tradition [Attn: Joey mostly, but anyone else who wants to can join!]
He bows his head lightly and lowers his head slightly. "As-salamu alaykum." He says politely in response to the woman. This was less a sign of his religious views and more of a cultural sign of respect from the culture in which he has spent the last several decades. Formality was important among the Children of Haqim, ritual, organization... These things were essential in all aspects of life within the clan, and so even though he might stand apart from his clan, and the eldest active member, he still considers himself a part of that collective whole.

"You honor me with taking the time to see me Miss Dampierre," he continues, "and this home is lovely indeed." He says without jumping too quickly into business and formality. Oh, rest assured he was getting there but one never wants to appear too eager to jump into anything, it sets a bad tone, especially among the Kindred!

"It might surprise some to know that the Children of Haqim have always considered it our place to help establish order in a cruel and barbaric world. Our clan was founded on those very principles. The choice to join the Camarilla, you must understand, was a difficult one for many of our elders. I was not there, but I understand the reasoning behind my brothers and sisters at the time, and I stand behind their reasons for rejecting the Camarilla at that time... However, that was centuries ago, and this is today. Time has a way of mending old wounds, and in a world beset by conflict we would be remiss in our duties if we did not seek to take hold of the strength that the Camarilla offers in order for us to help carry out the task that our founder set out for us so long ago." His words were gentle and sincere, he didn't appear to be hiding anything, but it would seem as if he might have thought these words out and practiced them. He didn't appear the eloquent sort who could just spout answers like this on a whim.

"So I have come to this city to submit myself before your Prince, and pledge before him to preserve your traditions as I have always sought to preserve my own." He says with one more slow bow of his head. "... and if luck would have it, perhaps offer my own services to help keep this city civilized and orderly. A city which anyone would be proud to call their home."

Ritual and Formality were a part of every Child of Haqim. Even those who had turned the clan into a band of assassins for hire had rules which they would not dare break, people whom they simply would not kill, actions they would not carry out no matter the price. Kazimir was not of the warrior caste within his clan, he did not suffer the same blood thirst that defined much of his clan, but he was still one of them and there were rules that were not openly spoken to outsiders but no Child of Haqim would ever dare to break, regardless of what sect he or she belonged to.

He remained standing, a formal and rigid stance, he was not a warrior but he was a soldier of a sort. Comfort was a luxury he tried not to afford himself when he wasn't in the safety of his own home, and even then it was difficult to ever allow himself to relax. His eyes and ears had a tendency to pick up everything around him. From the scurrying of a mouse across his floor to the sound of people walking on the pavement outside... Little ever escaped his notice, he wouldn't have it any other way.

"If your prince would have me, then I would be more than happy to pledge myself to his service." He finishes, now that his reasons for being here were made quite clear. Of course, he was a Child of Haqim... Even those who knew them as only assassins for hire, even those who did not understand exactly what the Viziers were still understood that the word of an Assamite was something they did not easily break. Personal Honor was a principle the clan held highest of all, it was what separated them from the monsters many of the clan feel they were created to hunt, certainly Kazimir feels that way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fifth Tradition [Attn: Joey mostly, but anyone else who wants to can join!] - by Umbralwind - 10-15-2013, 10:29 PM