turning junk into other junk [attn: Tamsin]
#1
Sam Evans has been a busy little bee lately.

Before the moot she ran into a certain Fianna Galliard in the sort of shop that sells, well let's face it, junk. Old clothes, taxidermied animals, broken baubles, chipped furniture, yellow-paged old books, all at low low affordable prices. When Garou met Kin, said Kin told her she was looking for junk to turn into other junk. In this particular case, she was hoping to recreate something she saw on the internet once, but with a few, ahem, changes. Tamsin had looked dubious at the prospect, don't think Sam didn't notice, but then conversation shifted to an information exchange, which led to a change of venue.

It's after the moot when Tamsin gets a call from the Kin sounding somewhat excited and asking, "Where are you, I have something to show you."

Hopefully shortly afterward finds Kin and Galliard in the same place at the same time. Sam has a box with her. It's not a very big one, only a little bigger than her hand laid flat, and generic and white and generally giving no indication of what the contents might be.

Sam holds it out to Tamsin, all smiley and grinning. Because of course she's going to think it's as cool as Sam does.

"You can keep it if you want."

============
What's in the baaaaahks!:
A typewriter bird with a little switch that turns it on and makes it flap its wings and probably some other little movements given the suxx.

[Image: swallows-4_zpsed6f26a4.jpg]

============
niko @ 11:54AM
Okay, so Sam is making a complicated thing. I'm going to say she needs 2 suxx on dismantle, 10 to rebuild, 2 for Tech, and 1 for Comp/Programming:
[roll the 1st: Dismantle: dex+crafts]
Roll: 6 d10 TN6 (3, 5, 8, 10, 10, 10) ( success x 4 ) VALID

niko @ 11:54AM
[Roll the 2nd: WE CAN REBUILD IT: dex+crafts]
Roll: 6 d10 TN6 (1, 3, 3, 7, 7, 8) ( success x 3 ) VALID

niko @ 11:55AM
[And again]
Roll: 6 d10 TN6 (2, 3, 5, 5, 10, 10) ( success x 2 ) VALID

niko @ 11:55AM
[Come on, Sam]
Roll: 6 d10 TN6 (3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 7) ( success x 2 ) [WP] VALID

niko @ 11:55AM
[Come on dice roller work with me!]
Roll: 6 d10 TN6 (3, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9) ( success x 3 ) VALID

niko @ 11:56AM
[Roll the 3rd: WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY: dex+tech]
Roll: 5 d10 TN6 (5, 7, 7, 10, 10) ( success x 4 ) VALID

niko @ 11:56AM
[And roll the 4th: Coding a li'l Arduino: dex+comp]
Roll: 6 d10 TN6 (2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 7) ( success x 1 ) VALID

niko @ 11:56AM
[FINISHED]

Cellatus @ 11:57AM
Brilliant! Witnessed!
Reply
#2
They probably meet at a park where Tamsin is doing poor bum musician's thing and luring money from people with a melange of covers and originals and her guitar. Her rage is under control but after-the-moot after-the-Full-Moon galliard girl's eyes are sunken in and it doesn't look like she's been getting all that much sleep. These are the nights with the bloodiest dreams and inclinations, the ones where the moon just wants her to howl. So!

She's glad enough to take a break and see the extremely likeable kinswoman and her smile isn't even feigned, though watch her expression go really confused when Sam holds out that box all grinning because she honestly cannot imagine what it might be and some Ragabash-trained caution causes her to take the box really r-e-a-l-l-y slowly as if it's going to turn into a pie-to-the-face.

Peeks at Sam.
Peeks at the box.
Peeks at Sam.
No--stares at Sam, squinting, opening the box slowly.

Then a squeak! And: "Oh! Whoa! So that's how--you just saw this somewhere and made it from looking??? That's--Um, that's really, really co--wait, wha," and her eyes go round-as-saucers, "I ca--but you were going to--did you, um, make another? Really? Because--um, it's,"

and she blushblushblushes in disbelieving maybe pleasure and apprehension like 'oh god no don't put yourself out.'
Reply
#3
Sam doesn't have much experience with Ragabashes. Though her only direct interactions with one had been far less than pleasant, she never learned her Auspice. However, Sam has plenty of experience with prankster younger siblings, one or two of whom tried to give her bugs hidden inside boxes not unlike the one she holds out to Tamsin. She says nothing about this when she sees the girl-wolf's trepdiation, just gives her an encouraging sort of nod that couples and then pushes up her own anticipation until it's fit to overflow.

At that squeak she relaxes, rocking back on her heels. She's just come from work, but she looks pretty much the same as she always does, all punked out but in jeans instead of shorts and a band t-shirt from a tour that happened just about the time she was born. Her smile turns proud, and then a little bashful as Tamsin stammers.

"Well, I mean I got the general idea, I sort of had to make it up."

She lets out a chuckle that is charming and delighted and pleased that her experiment turned gift has worked out so well.

"It's the first, but I plan on making more and maybe selling them at First Friday next month. Not all out of typewriters, maybe from some other stuff that I find. If I can get a table I'll let you know and you can come and see."
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)