The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 743 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 743 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Picking Up the Shattered Pieces [ATTN: All Anarchs/Camarilla]
Chaos reigns in Denver on the night of August 3rd. What was ostensibly a cold war between the Ivory Tower and the Sword of Caine has ravaged the once-secure building known as Richthofen Castle and left an as-yet-unknown quantity of the city's Kindred as desiccated corpses or even less. The mortal police state has clamped down and reasserted its authority but it's just a bandage on a sucking chest wound, something to cover up the damage without actually fixing anything. Amid the police sirens, firefighters, EMTs, panic and worse that has spread throughout the city, the Kindred on both sides scurry away to gather themselves up, count their losses and either hope that they can live a few more nights or plot to strike again.

Amongst it all, a single Rroma woman escapes out of Richthofen half-carrying a Brujah and following a Gangrel with a newly-acquired shotgun trophy. Kali is a bloody mess, her skin ravaged by a ghoul crafted into an inhuman form before it was put down. Her leather jacket is tattered in spots, her dusky skin blotched with smoke and soot. That red hair—obviously not her natural color—is singed in spots and a bit of blood (not hers) smears her lips. She looks like a war survivor. In truth, she is a survivor of a war, and not just this one. She lived (relatively speaking) through one of the greatest horrors the world has ever known; she survived a brutal and horrifying encounter with members of what she likes to call "the assholes South of the Border" decades later. And she's survived this one.

After helping Everett out and seeing him off, and arguing with Mercy not to pursue Gui (probably failing), she told the Gangrel that she had to go; she has a ghoul she needs to ensure the safety of. She has a sense of responsibility toward her Bo, and now is not the time to pursue grudges for the sake of bloodlust. The smart ones know when to retreat from battle and ensure that another battle can take place. Even if Mercy plans on pursuing, Kali will not. She tells Mercy that if she needs anything she can go to the apartment, she'll be there or have contact details there. And with that, she departs.

Kali lives in the underworld of Denver; she knows it like the back of her hand. Times like this make that an exceptional benefit to her; her knowledge of the back streets of the city likely saves her life. She avoids the main streets, both due to her appearance and the increased chance that she'll run into more trouble there. She's healed by now but she's low on the blood which gives her life and it's not an optimal condition. She slips up to her apartment in the Downtown area, which doubles as her office, and once she's safely inside she checks it out with a drawn gun to make sure no one has snuck up and is lying in wait. Once she's sure that she's safe, she's making calls.

First a text to her loyal ghoul. Bo's cell phone, the burner she has that is their work number, goes off. Her own personal cell goes off seconds after, just in case she only has one of the two. They contain the same message.

Shit's gone down Boberino. Need you at the office. Keep your head down and your wits sharp. Be careful.

While she waits for Bo to arrive, she starts making calls. First to Baja, her clanmate within the city. Then to Lux and Jack. John St. German follows, then Rasmussen and that kooky Sheriff Narcisa. Finally Lucille, the Keeper of Elysium. And anyone else she can. Basically, if she has your phone number and you are Camarilla or Anarch, she's calling you.

Her side of the conversation is the same in each instance, and they go something like this (with personalization and witticisms for each person):

"Hey, it's Kali. You hanging in there? …Good, glad to hear it. So I've gotten in touch with [Insert all people before that character on the list.] I've taken it on myself to try and help coordinate who made it and who's taking the final dirt nap. Yeah, I know...I'm good like that. I'm also calling to extend an offer of safe haven within my domain. Let anyone who is [Camarilla/Anarch, depending on sect allegiance] that you trust know that if they need a place that's safe to crash then call me, I'll arrange something. I have some resources, I can make sure we're set up at least in the short term until a regular locale is known. I'm free to serve as a contact point for organizing it all. Anything I can do—safe haven, aid, anything else—I'm happy to provide. Let other people in the club you know—again, if you trust them—the same. Keep safe and let me know, I'll keep y'all in the loop."

Once that information delivered to each and every person, she starts making calls to her people. She tells them that with all the craziness tonight, they need to scatter the warehouse for the time being. Get the shit out, guard it with your lives. Yes, she's paying them a bonus for it. Yes, it counts as hazard pay. She takes care of her own. No, she's still not providing health insurance. Keep a lower profile but stay out there, we need a good show of confidence. Just for the sake of every god you've ever screamed to mid-coitus, don't get caught.

And with that done, she collapses on the couch and lights up. Everyone should smoke after something that exciting; whether it relaxes her or not is beside the point.

Once again, she survives a situation she probably shouldn't have. Kali 5, Universe 0.
"The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules."
"Good men don't need rules. And today's not the day to find out why I have so many."
the phone lines

August 3rd. The last call Lux made to John just as the shit hit the fan is the last call Lux makes or takes on the 3rd. Nobody hears from Lux. Kali's call goes straight to messages. If she calls back, it happens again.

Perhaps because her phone's warranty didn't cover 'nearly hit by grenade, trampled on by vampires, left behind in a burning building,' or perhaps because she didn't make it. Perhaps after fleeing the fire, after gaining control of herself again, she turned back, furious at herself for giving in to (common sense) fear, or maybe something got her on the way out or maybe a swath of silk-on-fire tangled her up and. Well, on August 3rd, nobody finds out the truth. August 4th'll be a different matter.

August 3rd. Maybe Kali doesn't even remember Jack ever being by the piano in Richthofen, maybe he was already gone by the time everything went down, because Jack is a charm for Vanishment, for You Think You Made Me Up Inside Your Head, for Never-Was and Never-Will, so maybe her call to him begins more along the lines of 'oh shit what you missed.' The point is that if Kali was so touched by Obfuscate, he disillusions her, and...

The honey-tongued Nosferatu sounds tired over the phone. Tired, but sharp: You can rely on Jack, because Jacks are reliable, until they're not.

He says he's glad to hear her, living and well. Living is a different beast than alive. The poets will tell you all about connotations. He says that he may well know some who might well take her up on her generous offer, and there is something knowing and good-humored in among the tired, appreciative of Kali's offer, sure, but also what the offer will net her. He sees things, does our Jack. He asks after Mercy. He asks after the Anarchs. Then he asks the question that's important to him: Did you see what happened to Henrietta and Samit? He doesn't say Gotfred's name. No? And he curses, with an old-fashioned fluency, at the not-knowing.

We should touch base in person soon, he says also as the call comes to an end.
Many of the Camarilla and Anarchs have their own boltholes they've gone to ground in. A deceiver's domain, no matter how vaguely its details were given in Elysium before the Sabbat presence was revealed, might not be accepted with open arms. Especially in lieu of one's own haven, backup haven, or backup backup haven, even if it is a cramped storage locker for an expansive warehouse. But that doesn't mean Kali isn't given sincere thanks for the offer from those she does get in touch with.

Baja's cursing up a storm from his end. But she can hear his Crysler roaring to life and he says he's on his way. Maybe he sees the strength and safety that can be found in numbers. Maybe it's that she's a clanmate, though he doesn't sound like he's going to be following her lead and asking her to vouch for his membership in the Camarilla any time soon. Not with Elysium still smoking.

St. Germain answers with his usual charm. He even has some questions about what he missed, many of the Anarchs in his own social circle having skipped the Elysium-turned-slaughterhouse. But his response is in the same vein as many of the others she has gotten.

"Fuck. We're all good on our end. Decided to keep our heads down and get the lowdown through the grapevine. Glad to hear you've still go that motormouth running, but I don't know if I'll be RSVPing to any group play dates," a nervous kind of laugh following it up. "Keep on truckin'," the Brujah Anarch says, like he's done with the call, but then his tone gets more serious. "Be safe."

Rasmussen doesn't answer. At least not directly. A woman answers his phone. A familiar feminine voice from Elysium, Estelle Burnhouse the gatekeeper and face of Richthofen's stewards, a ghoul who thanks her for her message if she'll relay it to her and lets her know that both the Prince and Sheriff have survived the night's events. "I am sure Master Rasmussen will appreciate your offer of accommodations and I will be sure to pass them along to those in need of safe haven."

Lucille also answers her phone. She sounds pleased to hear from Kali. "Yes. I am well. Richthofen still stands. The contractors are going to have a field day with their repair invoices," an annoyed huff here.

"I've never been much of a fan of mixed and unconventional media, but I believe Henrietta's head on a spike would fit the postapocalyptic décor," the facade of composure cracking as malevolence tinges her voice. "Don't you?"

Leave it to a Toreador to finally begin the dissemination of hard facts and information.

"Please, if you hear from Gotfred or any of the Nosferatu, let them know Rasmussen would like to have a word with their Primogen to see if he still wishes to retain that title or suffer a fate similar to his dearly departed sire," she finishes before hanging up. Before cracking up and losing it, the way her voice again grows sharp, short, stabbing in its tone.
Addendum. August the 3rd, late in the night.

Kali:
Text: "Talked to Lucille. Henrietta went the way of Lord Stark. Please tell me you get that reference. Ras needs to talk w/Gotf STAT."

Nobody:
Text: Lord Stark?

Text: Is that good?

Kali:
TEXT: "Jesus, you people. Watch some HBO, for Christ's sake. Off with her Head."

TEXT: "You know, got a French Revolution special?"

Nobody:
Text: Are you inviting me over for a television date, K?

Text: But I am glad.

Text: Do you know who did the deed?

Nobody:
Text: HBO is television, correct?

Kali:
TEXT: "OH MY GOD. Yes, its TV."

TEXT: "Seriously theres gotta be one of us running that show. Everyone fucks everyone over. Youll love it."

TEXT: "And no, Lucille wasnt specific. She impressed that Got RLY needs to talk with Ras."

Kali:
TEXT: "Threats were implied."

Nobody:
Text: Noted.

Text: Ha. When are the threats not implied?

Text: I suppose Saturday was a good example of the answer to that question.

Text: I am not fond of the "everyone fucks everyone over" world-view, but I will check out this Lord Stark on HBO.

Nobody:
Text: The HBO.

Kali:
TEXT: "Heh. Yeah the threats on Sat were pretty damned overt."

TEXT: "Oh Christ. Tell you what, Ill get you them on DVD. Which is the discs you put in the television."

TEXT: "Final Count Im aware of BTW: Ras, Luc, St Germ live. Hen: No."

Nobody:
Text: Discs? Of course. Like floppy discs for your computer.

Text: Thank you.

Text: Busy tonight? If not, meet at a place.

Nobody:
Text: Confound it. Busy *tomorrow* night?

Kali:
TEXT: "Tomorrows great. Got a Bo who freaked at me being a sight to keep at ease tonight."

TEXT: "You totally dont have a DVD player do you?"

Nobody:
Text: I think it's cute that you assume I have a television.

Kali:
TEXT: "Buncha Luddites. You will be tomorrow."

Kali:
TEXT: "BY. BY tomorrow. Fucking autocorrect"

Nobody:
Text: Thank you again for playing messenger. I'll see you tomorrow at place of your choice.

Text: [some terrible and god-awful hideous Chibi cell-phone icon-image thing that looks like it came from an anime]

Text: Whoops.

Text: [thumbs up icon instead]

Text: [birthday cake] [confetti] [weird hat]

Kali:
TEXT: "Youre a dork. Stay safe."

Nobody:
Text: You too.
"The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules."
"Good men don't need rules. And today's not the day to find out why I have so many."