The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 743 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 803 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 743 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

A species of violence... [ East Colfax Aftermath ]
"Pull over." Those two words, calmly spoken from one vampire to another, send a charge down William's spine and threatens to drive him into a panic. There is a moment when our favorite giantism-inflicted ex-con-turned-shopping cart assault victim very nearly just curls up so that whatever can happen, happens. It would be easier for him, and it would stave off pointless suffering before the inevitable end.

But he doesn't. William's a fighter. And he has to fight to live.

He knows the futility of what he's doing. He doesn't care. The car door bolts open anyway and he surges out, hitting landing half-on the curb with a grunt of pain. He is reminded, yet again, that

EVERYTHING HURTS.

And still he doesn't give up. His adrenaline is wearing off and now he just runs on sheer determination. He crawls up onto the side walk, battered hands and knees taking him into a small landscaped area with three trees spaced out in front of a Wendy's parking lot. Foot by agonizing foot, he crawls. Each one seems like an eternity.

They're not an eternity, for the record. But for all the good it will ultimately do him, they might as well be.
"The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules."
"Good men don't need rules. And today's not the day to find out why I have so many."
[I'm assuming because inits and because only -1 for wounds vs. William's wounds Vee beats him, but if I need to go back and roll a thing let me know!]

Flood doesn't know why Vee tells him to pull over. He doesn't hear over the rumble of the engine, doesn't see the sholift of bodies in the back seat. It's not an order, not exactly, but Lord knows what this creature will do if he doesn't. Luckily, for nowno one has to find out.

They come to a stop at the side of the road, and our fighter our hero, William, he heard those words spoken so calm and so steady. Part of him must know he's been discovered, but if not he's about to find out.

Because the passenger door was opening before the car was completely stopped. A tall figure was stepping out as William pulled himself out onto the pavement. There are footsteps, soft and swift as Vee comes around the front of the car and stops. Arms fold over the chest and that nearly-perfect face settles into a smile as Vee

watches.

Vee watches as the giant brute tries to crawl across the pavement seeking shelter in the trees or at the fast food establishment. The creature watches for a moment - one eternity for William - before stepping off again. Vee comes up behind and beside and finally stands in front of him, blocking his escape.

"I admire your determination."

Vee drops into a crouch in front of him, leaning down to look at his face. Tje face that looks at him his grotesque, beautiful but bloody.

"You look like you're hurting." A hand comes out, long-fingered and dexterous. It reaches out to gently, delicately brush William's hair back. "I can show you real pain. I can make you feel a spectrum of agony that surpasses all the colors of the visible rainbow and the one that human eyes can't see. Your screams would be my ode to suffering, and I would do my very best to make it a masterpiece." This is all said mildly, as though they are discussing music and Vee has a record collection somewhere to share with him. That head tips and that voice becomes thoughtful. "And perhaps later I will. But first I'll tell you a little story. I had a childe once. He was bright and full of promise, but lazy and unimaginative. He lacked vision. But, he was mine, just as you will be mine." The tip of an index finger traces a cold line down his face from the center of William's forehead to the tip of his nose. "And you will help me take revenge on those that took him from me, but that is later and now is now. And now you have to come with me, or I will introduce you to true pain. I will make you wish that you were dead, but I won't let you die."

Vee's smile this whole time has been pleasant, almost kindly. It remains just so when the vampire says, "Get back in the car."

=======

niko @ 12:41AM
[Vee: str+4+intim-1: Get in the Van (diff is William's WP or str+intim, whichever's higher (V20 pg. 266)]
Roll: 7 d10 TN6 (1, 1, 5, 8, 8, 9, 10) ( success x 4 ) VALID

Tithe! @ 12:43AM
Witnessed!
[[Yeeah. So with wound penalties his diff is, ah, 2. So there you have it!]]

He tried, our William. He tried everything that he could to get away, to end it. He fought, and he played unconscious underneath a pile of dead people, and he leapt from a car and crawled by inches toward safety. But it wasn't enough. Because while William thought he was a monster for his past, he didn't know monsters. Even when he encountered Mercy and she beat him senseless, he thought he knew monsters. But looking at this strange, delicately-shaped but bloody creature who promises him pain like he can't even comprehend, he knows that now, finally, he knows monsters.

He jerks back when those long fingers snake forward to brush his hair back. William is truly lost, alone and afraid. Alone here, even with a drive-through girl just half a parking lot away, purposefully ignoring whatever strangeness is going on just beyond the lights of the parking lot street lamps, he's completely alone with a monster. He jerks back once, but that's all he has the strength to do. He's paralyzed, like a mouse in a cobra's gaze.

He really doesn't understand every word Vee says. He knows each of them, knows their meaning. But when everything hurts and you're alone and afraid and lost in the darkness, you don't catch the whole of a conversation. But he gets the gist. He knows what the vampire in front of him is saying.

If he were a little less afraid, he'd probably cry. He's not a sensitive '90s New Age kinda guy; crying isn't something he does. Hasn't done since the early days in prison. But he would cry now. When you have nothing left...it's what happens. But he's too afraid for that. So he looks up at this beautiful, bloody monster and then, slowly, he turns. Inch by inch, he crawls back to the car. He climbs up into the open passenger door and he sits. He doesn't have to try and ignore the corpses next to him; they may as well not exist. He's in his own world, trapped inside his own mind where horrors unknown await him.

The car door shuts. And he slumps against it, staring out the window at the flourescent lights of freedom that were close but impossibly far.
"The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules."
"Good men don't need rules. And today's not the day to find out why I have so many."
[poor William =[ ]