The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 743 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

cold crescent re-opening [attn.: all]
Due to the near-constant efforts of Theurges and clean-up crews, the top floors of 1999 Broadway have been re-opened to the sept. Only the 43rd floor remains closed off; wolves at adren or above are permitted, but few want to go up there to begin with.

Signs of fire damage are still here and there: scorch marks, twisted metal, the physical scars that are nothing compared to the spiritual havoc that was wrought. The floors occupied by kin and mortal companies only took a week or so away from the building. A couple of tenants have moved out of 1999 Broadway after the unexpected fire broke out in that one elevator bay.

The Warder's brothers (though anyone looking at the three of them would be able to tell they are either spiritual brothers or half-brothers) still do their duty: one providing security in the lobby and mortal floors, one providing an interim home for abandoned children and cubs alike. The latter remains in a nearby hotel, however: no one wants cubs and children moving back into 1999 Broadway just yet.

There are two garou from Forgotten Questions now seen regularly roaming the halls of Cold Crescent. They do not engage in staredowns or lectures with the elders of Cold Crescent. But the two of them, obvious packmates though one is a barrel-chested Fenrir and one is a Fianna with surprisingly cold eyes, watch. They are not the sort you would choose as spies or diplomats; they're too large, too blanketed by rage, too overt in every mannerism and movement.
my whole life is thunder.
The lower levels have been open for several weeks. One mustn't interrupt the ordinary business of Business, and below the levels of Cold Crescent accessible only to kin and Garou are acres of office space, glass-enclosed corner offices with views of the front range mountains and the staggered teeth of the downtown skyscrapers. Energy companies and insurance concerns, marketing firms and property management groups, law firms and accounting firms and investment firms. Money and people and things are moved here with the stroke of a pen. That unexpected fire in the elevator bay was enough to send a few tenants scattering. Denver overbuilt during its last energy boom and though those spaces are now filling up, well: there is space, grand space, still available. Who wants to risk fire and flames on the thirty-seventh floor?

The loss of that one elevator changes the complexion of the morning rush, even with the loss of a few tenants. An easy fix: arrive earlier. Leave later than everyone else. Or just take the goddamned stairs.

--

There is a certain hushed, impermanent not-quite-silence that settles over office buildings after hours. There are no windows to be opened and no night-sounds to come crawling in, just the dim glow of monitors left running, the hum of the elevators carrying the janitorial staff between floors. The distant growl of an industrial vacuum and the quiet slither of cord as it whips over the carpet. Now and then, the crack and release of ice from the ice maker in the break room, its dim rumble startling for its inconstancy.

Lights are dim and indirect, just the occasional warm pool shed by the odd table lamp, turned on for ambiance and then forgotten in the daytime rush, lost in the brightness of five or six o'clock, when the sun smears against the west facing windows and - and -

--

Éva prefers silence during the work day. Closes her door often as not against halls and sits with just the quiet hum of her computer and the background music of her own mind. The regular interruptions from her cell and her desk phone handled smoothly and thoughtlessly. After six, though, when the brilliant fluorescents have been killed and the quiet hallways are mostly-dark, she opens the door to the office, and turns on KVOD.

Just a few bars in to Satie's Gnossienne No. 3 when Marta ducks her head in. The younger woman has a redwell tucked between her left arm and her lean body. "Did you hear they reopened upstairs?"

A quiet shake of Éva's head, no.

"Yeah, well." Marta shrugs. She has not been up there. It feels like going to visit a victim in the burn ward. Gratitude in the end for survival, but how can you bear to imagine the scars, the pain and horror, before and after. "They have."

"Is that - "

"Oh, yeah," slipping the file from beneath her arm, Marta crosses the room as the Satie unfolds and hands over the redwell.

"Thank you, Marta. Even though upstairs has reopened, we'll continue to keep the sensitive files off site, I think. You should go home. I know you've been here since six a.m.

"Have someone walk you to your car."

It isn't dark, not yet. But winter is coming and it will be soon.

--

From Satie to a selection from Arvo Pärt's Lamentate. Hardly appropriate for the evening rush. She thinks of: mist rising over empty streets. The subtle nuclear glow banked off the blacktop. She does not think of such things for long.

There are: handwritten notes to consolidate the research. An abstract of a timeline with mark-ups regarding sourcing. Clippings from the depths of newspaper archives about the DIA, Fentriss. The Holy Ghost Catholic Church.

Pictures, historic and contemporary, which are kept in careful, marked order. Another sort of running timeline. She flips through them again, and again, and again. Narrowing her half-mindless survey to two. Before and after the statue of the veteran appears.

The DIA. The missing floors. She glances up at the ceiling, thoughtfully, speculatively. Breathes out, slow and steady, and allows herself to

shiver

just the once, before she makes a call.

"Mr. Cruikshank? This is Éva Illésházy. I have some information for you."

---

[OOC: soo, my Shadow Lord kin has some, uh, important info about Cold Crescent to share and since she exchanged numbers with Afro-Daddy at the sort-of warmoot she is calling him. I'm happy to share what she knows with anyone else whose character would've expressed an interest there too, but I will want to do so via an actual-factual IC scene so hit me up if you are interested.]
But my heart is wild and my bones are steel
And I could kill you with my bare hands if I was free.

- Phosphorescent, Song for Zula
[Let me add a not-so-subtle ST suggestion that those of you who want to be/stay involved jump on this.]
my whole life is thunder.