The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 803 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(803) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 803 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Hello, Ginger [info dropbox]
[entry deleted]
[Grace received this from Trent, which she is passing on via Ginger]

Subject: Broken Mornings

Hello. Please find attached the information we previously discussed. I have been assured by my associate that these files are secure but that if you are good enough (which I am sure that you are), you can unlock them with ease.

ReadMe.txt

Attached you will find information on Umberto Montanari, as well as the information that my Li Hai associate and I have gathered on the film itself. It is my hope that this aids you in your search; as I have said before, I am also at your and your associate's disposal. You may find me at the school we ran into each other at in the Applied Sciences department.

On a personal note, I must thank you for our conversation the other night. I certainly understand your reticence in trusting people like myself; my hope is that I can show you and your associates that such trust would not be misplaced.

Sincerely,
Aereias ben Lakhsmi, bani Fortunae

Montanari.pdf

This PDF file is a brief history of Umberto Montanari, the creator of L'Ultimo Giorno as written by Trent. It seems to have been written specifically for this email. Umberto was a member of the Order of Hermes, House Tytalus, which Trent describes as a faction within the Order who value Will above all; as he puts it, "House Tytalus believes that conflict is the fire from which strength is forged." Umberto was a high-ranking member of the House and a Master of Ars Mentis and Ars Spirituum--Mind and Spirit magic. The latter made him a bit of a scandalous figure within House Tytalus, who meticulously avoided Spirit magic at the time due to its potential to invite corruption. However, Magister Montanari believed that the greatest threat came from the spirit world and he defied his House's quiet refusal to take on the discpline of spirit magic (which, Trent notes, is not a Hermetic order but a Tytalan one--or was at the time) in order to safeguard mankind from those creatures in the spirit world that would do them harm including Nephani and Umbrood--aka Fallen Mages who serve invert their Avatars to serve dark masters and spirits.

According to the records he has been able to receive from Magister Montanari's home Chantry (he notes that he had some difficulty in acheiving this much, as Montanari is a point of shame for them), the Magister appears to have gone insane and created the film in order to either create a gateway or prison for a particularly powerful Umbrood. The identity of the Umbrood is not known, though it is believed to have come from the Deep Umbra, the places that man--Awakened or no--was not meant to go. "Not that a prison would be an insane notion for trapping a powerful and malevolent spirit," he notes, "but because it would be folly to the point of madness to attempt and permanently trap an Umbrood within a physical item when there were no indications that the creature could escape on its own. And if it was a gateway...then madness it certainly was, or worse."

Montanari was a family man who had a life outside the Order, which is not as uncommon as one might think if looking at the Tradition from the outside. He had a wife, Benedetta, and a daughter, Gianna. It is believed that he worked along on the film alone starting in 1936; it wasn't until 1949 that it was nearly finished. There was one thing that he needed, that he was unable to do alone. The film needed a hefty amount of Quintessence in order to be completed and he determined that he would do so by showing the film and using it to draw on people's Quintessence in a Mind effect to finish the project.

"Of course," says Trent, "we know how that went. The screening broke out in violence. There are no reliable witnesses to verify what went on in that screening, but what we do know is that at least seven people died when violence began. Two were immolated; three were beaten to death. The last two were shot. Among those dead was Montanaro's own wife."

Trent goes on to say that Montanaro's Chantry in Vienna took him into custody for several flagrant and serious violations of the Hermetic Code. He does not have access to the transcripts of the Tribunal, but he knows that Montanaro was found guilty and executed for his crimes. He was not Gilgulled, which Trent explains as a process for only the most truly grevious of crimes in which the Avatar itself is destroyed. That is all the information he has on Montanro.

Lultimogiorno.pdf

This PDF document is also written by Trent and is a dissertation on everything they know about the film following the first screening in Italy. Unfortunately it isn't much...or at least, it is not a lot of concrete information, though he has drawn a fair number of conclusions. What he knows has allowed him to peace together the following timeline:

September 6, 1949: L'Ultimo Giorno is screened in Vienna, Italy. Seven Sleepers dead, including Magister Umberto Montanaro, bani Tytalus' wife Benedetta.
September 10, 1949: Magister Montanaro put under Tribunal at Viennese chantry by Hermetic Order and put to death. No mention of L'Ultimo Giorno being recovered by the Chantry.
July 17, 1962: UK antiquities collector William Scanlon claims to have uncovered a copy of L'Ultimo Giorno. Hermetics investigate and determine copy to be a fake. (This proves Hermetics did not have original)
August, 1965: The film is reportedly in possession of a Technocratic Chantry in southern Spain. No way for Order to be certain.
1999: The Reckoning; Technocratic Chantry is sundered in backlash. Film recovered by Celestial Chorus mage; Hermetic Order asks for and recovers film, storing it in protected vault.
July 2013: Someone who is Awakened breaks into the vault using means both technological and magical and steals film. Nothing else taken. Vienna Chantry unable to determine culprit; internal leak believed possible.
September 6, 2013: Screening in Denver; multiple deaths. Film on the loose, possibly in Joshua Keller's possession.
She wasn't as scary looking as all that when I saw her, but I think she's the one at the house, yeah.

It's been a bit since Shoshannah thought to charge or check er phone, so the answer comes late. But it's there. And yes, it's pretty funny when Shoshannah of all people calls someone scary looking.