The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Technocrat PCs?
So. I happen to have an SL in the works that will involve the Technocratic Union, and I am considering offering a limited option for players to create Technocrat PCs to go along with the introduction of said SL. I'd like to hold off on giving any real information here, since, you know, there's a story involved. If anyone is seriously interested, I will explain the situation in more detail privately. A couple of things I'd like to mention though:

Obviously, there are risks inherent in making a PC that most of the other PCs will feel antagonistic toward. So signing up for this will mean that you're aware of that risk and willing to accept whatever happens. However, I'm not looking for player-run antagonists here. Conflicts may (and probably will) happen, but ideally I'd like to encourage a more nuanced scenario.

These characters will need to be of a specific type, so you will be somewhat limited in concept to the available options.

Chances are, you will probably be isolated to doing scenes mostly with other Technocrats (which might only be one or two people) for a while. In fact, I am probably going to regulate this at the start for the safety and sanity of everyone involved. It might very well be lonely and boring. Or it might end up working out and turning into something fun. That's why this is a trial run.

"Trial run" means that I offer no guarantee that you'll be able to keep playing your character. I wanted to open up the option to see if people were interested and to see if it could work in this particular scenario, but if there isn't any interest or if things start to get sketchy, I will nix the idea.

At this stage I'm really just putting out feelers. If no one is interested, that's totally fine. If anyone is interested, feel free to send me an fpm and we can go from there.

Disclaimer (for anyone who saw this thread and had a mini heart attack) : I promise I'm not trying to start a war. If this ever ends up happening (and that's a big if at this stage) it will be done carefully. I'm not going to just turn a bunch of Technocrats loose on the game. (In fact, there may not be any interaction between the groups at all for a while. This will ultimately depend on the pacing and direction of various story elements.) And there's a distinct possibility that no one will be interested anyway, in which case it'll be a non-issue.
Someone asked me how I'd like to handle the issue of character limits as it relates to this experiment, so I thought I'd post my answer publicly in case anyone else was wondering the same thing. If I go ahead with this, players will be allowed to keep their other characters (meaning that with the technocrat, they could have up to 3.)